This years Edinburgh World Justice Festival runs from 27th September to 18th October.
STOP PRESS: CLOSING EVENT ALL INVITED
Final Event – Taking on the corporations 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm 17th OCTOBER
A chance to pull threads together and think about future organising Informal, participative and open agenda. Register at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvc-GtrzgsGN1gxqr25IMusM8a7hixnan
See ewjf.org.uk for the full programme.
- Edinburgh CND’s event was on Tuesday 6th October at 7pm and was on the latest Don’t Bank on the Bomb report and Hunterston. See also #ShutHunterstonDownNow
Here are videos of the talks:
2. There are also related meetings on (2.1)Friday 2nd October (CAAT and STW): https://www.facebook.com/events/326607341907293
and (2.2) Wednesday 14th October (Scottish Wilpf) https://www.facebook.com/events/743768546182460
2. Motion Number: S5M-22906 Lodged By: Bill Kidd
Date Lodged: 30/09/2020 Title: Only Four More to Go
Motion Text: That the Parliament recognises Malaysia as the 46th state to ratify the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons; notes that only four more ratifications from other states are now needed to trigger entry into force; understands that nuclear weapons will become completely illegal under international law when this Treaty comes into force, and congratulates the International Campaign Against Nuclear Weapons’ Malaysian campaigners and the delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Kuala Lumpur on their efforts.
3. the SCND TPNW Working Group meeting Friday 2nd at 8.00pm will be open to any the other Scottish ICAN partners that would like to share in strategising for the next stage of their work in Scotland.
4. A fundraiser in memory of an SCND/ECND supporter:
Instead of the normal SMAP fund raising event, we are remembering some of our Runa’s great contributions to peace and Palestinians with an online fundraiser headed up by lovely picture of Runa and Rose at Wibe See: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Runa-Mackay
5. Fundraising for Edinburgh Peace and Justice Centre Peace Education: see https://peaceandjustice.org.uk